January 24, 2012

The Commodore

This system belonged to my wife's father. Sadly, he passed away back in 1999, just a month after I moved across the country to be with her during her last year of university. Ours is a tale of great time and distance; my wife and I have known each other since high school, but I never got the chance to actually meet her Dad. I'm sure we would have got on great though; apparently we are a lot alike - he loved tech too - for example; he also had an early VHS machine that weighs more than our 2-year old!

Now Mom is cleaning house, and I'm sure she would love to see this go to someone who will appreciate its beauty...and all the hours Gary must have poured into it, down there in the basement!


I'm still trying to figure out how much this all might be worth...to the right person; I'm sure quite a lot. I have run into a bit of a snag though; I can't do a proper test because I don't have the video cable; I tried connecting the monitor through the RF but I'll admit I really don't know if that will even work. Hopefully Mom will find the cable and I'll be able to confirm the unit actually works. Check out the test video:

**SORRY, UNIT IS GONE...SO IS THE VIDEO!**

You can also check out the ad at the C2Kstore.

In the meantime...maybe a peak at the manual couldn't hurt!

Whether it works or not though; I don't think that will matter to the right person. Either for the peripherals or the software, or for even the parts; someone out there has been waiting to find something like this for a long time. Now I just need to find them... :)

C2Kstudios

No comments:

Post a Comment